Warcraft III LAN on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Reykor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Reykor macrumors member

Hey guys. My friend and I want to play Warcraft III. He has a PC and I have a Mac. We tried "LanCraft" and he can join the games I host but as soon as the game starts, he gets disconnected. Any ideas?

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Is there a reason you are using LanCraft? Lan should work fine out of the box. You may need to open the ports on your router that WC3 uses. (6112-6119.)

3. Reykor thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply
    We are on different networks. I already opened the ports 6112 both TCP and UDP on my router.

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Use battle.net? Have you tried having him host?

5. Reykor thread starter macrumors member

How can I have him as host? What lan emulator works on mac? We have less lag playing in Lan.

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I'm confused, I thought your friend was the one with the PC.

Anyway, you could try Hamachi or this thing: http://noiz.yb.sg/testbed/

Quick google search brought that up, someone got it to work with WC3.

I don't understand though why emulating a lan would lessen your lag. I think you'd be better off improving your internet (use a wired connection?) and sticking to battle.net.

7. Reykor thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for confusing you! Yes, he is the one with the PC. If he's the host, should I use that app? Or should I use that when I'm the one hosting?

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

9. Reykor thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much. I searched quite some time this issue and never saw that post. I will try it when my friend gets home. Thanks mate!

10. Reykor thread starter macrumors member

So we tested it and guess what, I get disconnected as soon as the game starts. :mad:

11. haiggy macrumors 65816

not sure if its relevant but recently any custom games you join that have a bot as the host you will get disconnected right at the start. blizzard has started disconnecting bots or something and as a result players get disconnected.

does what you are doing involve a bot of any sort? i've never heard of LanCraft. i've heard of hamatchi and it should be offline/LAN only so custom game bot shouldnt be affected but im not positive. this may be the case.

12. Reykor thread starter macrumors member

No, no bots were added to the game. THanks for the reply