Warcraft III TFT Installation Help! (Leopard)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by yjh0914, Sep 16, 2008.

1. yjh0914 macrumors newbie

Hi, I just bought a Macbook Pro for college, and thus it came with leopard. As I came to college I found out a lot of my dormmates dota, so I was thinking of installing warcraft 3 as well. I bought the game like 2 years ago, and because I have the cd-keys I told my sister to e-mail them to me, thinking I would just download the iso files to install and play the game. My friend told me how he got his to work so I downloaded the same torrent and installed the game successfully. However, everything I try to run the game, the program will crash saying it had to close for unexpected reasons or something like that. Is there a way to fix this..? Please help me, I don't want to buy a new game when I already have bought one before...

2. imassents macrumors 6502

As far as I'm aware, the original version of Warcraft contained on the CDs does not function on intel Macs - although it does install fine. You will need to grab the latest patch. You can get it from here
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=21224

If that doesn't help let me know.

3. Padraic macrumors regular

If you have the CD keys, you can create an account on Blizzards website and re-download the game (I believe the d/l is fully patched, but I'm not 100% certain). No need to go with a questionable torrent that may not work anyway.

Just a thought...

4. Keleko macrumors 68000

I did just that with Starcraft yesterday, and it worked great. You could be able to get the download for WC3 from Blizzard the same way.

5. yjh0914 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hm.. I updated the patch like you told me to, but now the original Warcraft 3 works but Frozen Throne doesn't. A new message appears saying, Sorry, Warcraft 3 could not be opened...

6. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Download the game from Blizzard's website. Report back if you're unsuccessful.

7. Padraic macrumors regular

8. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

9. Shadow2k macrumors member