Warcraft Movie!!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by jonnos, Jul 22, 2009.

1. jonnos macrumors regular

http://www.blizzard.com/us/press/090721.html

check out the press release on the bliz site. ^

though im not a great fan of warcraft.. its a sign starcraft could also see the lights of the big screen.

starship troopers was alright.. but it aint starcraft!

btw.. i know its a movie and not a game.. didnt know where i should put it..

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Starship Troopers was excellent.... Shame every one of its sequels missed the point of the original (b-movie propaganda) and were dire to the max.....

Warcraft though... Still not quite sure how it will work, but given a decent script, and big enough budget and it at least might look impressive.

Has to be better than the majority of movie/game cross-overs :)

3. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

It would be interesting to see how it could be adapted into a live action movie. I always thought that Blizzard should do a full length CG movie. Their prowess in that area is unquestioned. However, a live-action movie could easily be screwed up. But a strong script could make the movie.....

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

The problem with a lot of video game -> movies (and movie -> video games for that matter) is that it usually goes one of two ways...

1. The movie is just like the video game as far as the plot. So it's boring because you know everything that's going to happen.
    2. The movie veers from the plot. Now you feel it's unbelievable since it didn't happen in the game.

Yeah I know. :D

Fortunately Warcraft has a world with knowingly untold stories. I have pretty good faith that Blizzard will hold it close enough to their chest to make a good story. Hopefully the actors and such can fulfill their vision.

Maybe it will take a Pixar like swing though and Blizzard will make a short before every Warcraft movie in CG... :)

5. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

My beloved Sam Raimi is directing so I have faith in this movie.

6. Gasu E. macrumors 601

Gasu E.

Warcraft is a universe more than it is a story. I would hope the movie would be a new story around a new character set against the background of Warcraft Lore.

7. Bimmi macrumors regular

I liked the game well enough, but I can't say I have any interest in seeing this.

Warcraft has a very specific, tongue-in-cheek flavor to it though, so Raimi actually strikes me as a pretty inspired choice.

8. Xavier macrumors 68020

I feel that the plot would end up being similar to lord of the ring, where the different races band together to destroy the undead.

That seems pretty cool to me, will be interesting to see where this goes