Wargames 2

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MonksMac, Aug 16, 2008.

1. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

For those that didn't know this, there is a sequel to the 1983 film Wargames that was released at the end of July this year. I recently finished watching this movie and it was merely adequate. It was better than watching one of the many reruns of Law & Order that is on seventy three times a night. Other than that I would not recommend that you spend any money to buy this movie. If you are curious, as I was, then please just rent it ( unless you really love it. :eek: )
    Long story short- Awful movie and was unbelievable. Not only that, but it was not very original. Stay away!
    MM:apple:

2. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Interesting. I didn't even realize a sequel was in the works. I just remember the WOPR from the first one! :)

3. MonksMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

I didn't either until I saw an ad for it when I went to the movie theater about a month- month and a half ago.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

"Would you like to play a game?"

5. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

The original is one of my favourite films of all time- "What kind of an ******* lives in Seattle but doesn't know how to swim?"

So I was dubious before watching the sequel and have to say it's a pretty poor film.

There's a couple of touches of nostalgia from the first movie but overall it's crap. It's a better sequel than Lost Boys 2 but that's like saying "I've had better bouts of food poisoning."