Warhammer Online. Minimum Disc Space

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Hicks., May 10, 2009.

1. Hicks. macrumors regular

Hicks.

Hi Guys,

The minimum specs for this state 15GB. However, my bootcamp/ XP partition only has 13GB left on it.

Is there any chance that I will be able to play this game with 13GB? There is no way I want to reinstall XP it takes me like a day to sort everything out.

thanks

2. Ti_Poussin macrumors regular

Ti_Poussin

May want to resize your partition in that case. Or use an external hard drive and install it onto it.

For partition on Mac iPartition is a good tools, there's some command line option if you know what you're doing.

Still, backup your data before doing such a thing!

3. davwin macrumors regular

You can download the client from the open beta via torrents and patch it to the current version. this is fully supported by Mythic but the client is no longer available directly from them. This version would be missing all the cinematics and several high-res textures but, it will work fine and was 11GB patched on my system.

Having said that, I would still agree with Ti_Poussin that you should resize the partition to allow more room. Even with 4GB of RAM this game uses a pagefile so being that tight on HDD space will negatively effect game performance and you'll likely have stability issues. Just FYI...

4. Hicks. thread starter macrumors regular

Hicks.

Thanks for your comments guys. I really can't face re-sizing my partition again. Maybe I will look into that WinClone(?) app if it means I don't have to re-install XP?

Or I may run it off my USB 2.0 external hard drive- but I would have thought that would be too slow..?

5. davwin macrumors regular

Using an external drive is definitely an option but, I believe the most common problem associated with this is "area stuttering". Its described as a regular hitching or stutter to gameplay as your character walks around an area no matter the number of on-screen characters as the data is streamed off the HDD. As long as you can live with that it certainly won't hurt to try installing the game to the external HDD and try it out.

If reinstalling is the only roadblock to resizing the partition I would also recommend just using WinClone (or others) to image the current Windows install. After deleting/resizing the Windows partition where you want it, you simply load the previous drive image onto the new partition: No reinstalling applications necessary.