Warm 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nStyle, Nov 13, 2013.

1. nStyle macrumors 65816

Just got my 5S. Coming from a 5. This 5S is much warmer and colors have that "washed out" look.

Seriously, why can't a company like Apple get their screen QC right where there is no discernible difference in color temp across displays or at least where they could auto calibrate with software.

Yeah I know it's one of those things that your generic consumer doesn't see or worry about, but Apple is supposedly the king of QC and still this **** happens..

Probably going to return, but just wondering first if it has happened to you?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

With complaints that the new generation iPhone's screen being warmer than the previous generation going all the way back to the original iPhone, I swear it should be piss yellow by now :)

3. nStyle thread starter macrumors 65816

I know it's not really specific to the 5S, which is annoying, because I've seen warm screens on all iPhones. I had the same issue with my 4S. Oh well.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I use flux on my desktop, so I'm pretty used to warmer colors. I wish I could use it on my iPhone.

5. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Wish I had gotten a warm screen. Would have made everything better.

6. nStyle thread starter macrumors 65816

Why do you say that?

7. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Luckily my 5S is a perfect warm/cool combo, very nuetral looking. Screens vary, they've been like this since the 4/4S, some very cool some very warm, some in between.

When I originally got my 5S in space gray, the screen was very warm, when I swapped it for a silver, the screen is more neutral but on the cooler side.

Again they vary, Apple uses different manufacturers for the displays.

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Because some people don't like everything to be tinted blue?

9. nStyle thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I guess.. It's just slightly annoying going from one tint to another just because you buy the new version. My Air is perfectly tinted to me (looks like pure white) while my phone is noticeably warmer.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Think of it this way, it's like having different girlfriends with different skin tones. More fun that way :D

11. sixrom macrumors 6502a

I have the same issue with mine. Took it to the Apple store and they said it was normal. Compared it to the phone the rep had, his was better so we checked another and it was even more pronounced. They replaced mine but that one is off color too. It seems that they're all quite different but I'll be replacing it as soon as iPhone 6 is released. It's only a phone.