"Warm" (aka Yellow Screens) Curse or Blessing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Blingdar, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Blingdar macrumors newbie

Hi guys! So I've had my (week 21) iphone 4 for about 2 months now (funny huh? bought it and was surprised it had such a low serial number). I thought it was perfect until I held it against my friend's iphone 4 which was somewhat bluish (w41) and I held it against my girlfriends iphone 4 which was much bluer than either of ours. Is this normal? Is my iPhone defective? or is this product variance. I'm pretty sure it's not that glue problem. Because it would've dried by now. :confused: :) Thanks ahead of time you guys.

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Theres actually a lot of threads on this issue. I consider it a curse.....type in on google "iPhone 4 yellow tinted screen" and tons of thing will pop up from here and apple support.

3. Pikkachu macrumors newbie

Can you take photos? I've heard lots about yellow screens but never a blue one...
    The quick Google I did just turned up a bunch of random blue covers and even a blue screen protector! lol

4. patp Guest

I love my yellow screen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. mgeyster macrumors member

mgeyster

yeah haha I don't think I would want my screen to be yellow.

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Depends on how yellow. For the most part, it's a blessing if you're into color accuracy.

7. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Its not a problem. Some people think it is but they are wrong, and most people prefer blue tinted. Yellow and blue are both technically problems. A LCD should be neutral for the most part, yellow is too warm and blue is too cool. For perfect color accuracy it should be neutral. So dont bother taking it back for a replacement.

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

If you prefer White backgrounds, try to get a blue tint....if you prefer crisp photos...keep yellow.

9. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Exactly, even tho white has a slight blue tint. Perfect colours is completely neutral regarding tempuratures