Warm and fuzz for 7.0.3

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by pr0230, Oct 25, 2013.

1. pr0230 Suspended

Im a 6.0 hold out for IOS 7. I had hoped that 7.0.3 would have everyone saying that its good to go , but I'm not getting the warm and fuzz feeling just yet...

Do I have to wait 3 months for IOS 7 or is 7.0.3 as good as its going to get???

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

You should stop listening to what others say and go to either an Apple Store or a Best Buy and test drive the OS. I held out myself and was really taken back by how nice the OS is. Form your own opinion. ;)

3. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I was forced to upgrade to iOS 7.0.2 before I wanted to, because a bug in the iOS 6 iPhone 5 WiFi driver made my WiFi speeds extremely slow. iOS 7 was the only way to solve the problem.

Right now I am on 7.0.3, and no problems yet after a few days.

4. davidinva macrumors 6502a

I've had no major problems with 7.0.3 on my iPad and iPod. My pet peeves are the ugly calendar app and the flaky Podcasts app.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

What is it exactly that you need to hear to tell you whether or not it would be a good idea for you to upgrade or not?

6. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I don't think any version ever had the warm and fuzz you want.

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

8. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

There's always a decent chance that we will see a 7.0.4 or even a 7.1 by the Christmas season. After all, iOS7 is a huge departure from iOS6 (some say it's a complete 180 reversal from the "classic" iOS design), and so Apple knows they still have plenty of issues to polish out.

My prediction… at least one more update before Christmas. Apple wants it to be as solid as possible, and they want as few gripes as possible, if they are serious about selling gangbusters this holiday sales season.

9. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Yeah, definitely one more update at least before Christmas. iOS 7 is pretty solid on iPhones but some work is definitely needed on the iPad.

10. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Then use a different (i.e. better) podcast app?

11. Tzuten macrumors 6502

The upgrade is solid, and I'm coming from a heavily modded iOS 6.X phone.

There are subtle changes that you will appreciate once you use it. Being able to swipe "back" on Safari is one of them. Lots of apps are starting to use this function to.

Keychain support is pretty nifty and one of the reasons I'm using Safari now.

The layout and icons do not concern me, I'm a function over form guy anyways.

12. msvadi macrumors regular

I id not know about "swipe back". Cool feature.

13. MrGuder macrumors 68020

People need to learn how to post thread titles. This one makes no sense, from reading the title it would seem you are warm and fuzzy over the new ios7 but you are the opposite. You should have said your NOT warm and fuzzy over ios7

You are adding titles that benefit ios7 when you don't like it. Lol

14. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You're never going to get "everyone" saying that. iOS 6.1.4 is basically the Snow Leopard of the mobile device universe... there are going to be people who have this feeling that the next jump up is just too much a departure, so they'll keep clinging on to it, however irrationally, for as long as they can. Just like there are people clinging to old PowerPc Macs for as long as THEY can, refusing to make the leap that the rest of the world did back in 2006.

The thing to do is find out if it's right for YOU, and decide that way. Not based on what others are saying.

If you're waiting for the final version of iOS 7 before you install, you're going to have to wait until probably July or August of 2014, or maybe even until the day before iOs8 is released. There are going to be continual updates. And waiting that long is just silly.

What are you worried about, exactly? Maybe if you listed specific concerns, people could tell you if they're addressed or not.