Warmer Color Temperature/Whites on iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shadow82x, Nov 3, 2017.

1. shadow82x macrumors 6502

Hi all -
    Does anyone else notice the iPhone X color temperature is a bit warmer when compared to the iPad Pro (10.5), iPhone 7 Plus, and MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar? My whites have a slightly warmer/yellow hue to them. But overall it's not terrible, just something I noticed when directly comparing devices. (Granted one is an OLED and the others are LED, but white balance/color temperature shouldn't impact this.)

(And yes, I have disabled true tone and night light.)

2. kevmclane macrumors regular

kevmclane

Mine is actually the opposite. If I turn off True Tone, my X screen is much cooler than my 7 Plus screen.

3. shadow82x thread starter macrumors 6502

So what’s really odd is I tried to capture a picture physically comparing the devices, and the picture shows the iPhone X being significantly cooler despite shower warmer in real life. 0.o Wonder if it has anything to do with my Belkin screen protector as I can’t find a logical explanation here.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    Again, in real life it shows the iPhone X as being the most yellow but the complete opposite on photo. Very odd.

Attached Files:

4. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

Do you notice the brightness at highest level, isn't quite as bright as the 7Plus?

5. shadow82x thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes that too