Warning About Charger Plug

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Siron, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

Let this serve as a warning to everyone who uses their MBA charger on the road. I had my charger plugged into an outlet in a doctors office waiting room this week. My wife came out and said she was ready to go so I closed the MBA - putting it to sleep, pulled my charger out of the wall receptacle and left.
    The next day I went to plug it in again and lo and behold, the two pronged portion of the charger was missing :eek:. When I pulled the charger out of the wall receptacle I must not have pulled it straight out - but up at an angle (I was bent over at the time leaning over a table). In doing so I separated the charger from the part that plugs into the wall receptacle.
    Fortunately when I went back it was still there - plugged in :)
    If I had done this say in an airport terminal then I would have been out a few bucks (and time waiting for a delivery).
    Apple makes very well designed products. I'm sure the design for their chargers allows for many different types of electrical receptacle plugs to be connected thereby reducing the number of chargers they have to make and stock (and making it more convenient to world travelers to switch it out to connect to the local power outlet). But in doing so the part that plugs into the wall can be easily parted from the charger.
    I will be much more careful in future.
    Alan

2. AstroHouse macrumors member

Alan, good warning and advice. A previous post noted the same with the airline power adapter.

As an old mentor of mine helped me understand:

"You can make something foolproof, you just cannot make it G..D... foolproof!":eek: