Warning about SGP classicleaf.com!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richard371, Sep 30, 2010.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

I just ordered theiPhone-4-Case-Ultra-Thin-Matte-Series from SGPs partner site http://classicleaf.com/ It said the item was in stock so I placed the order got an order number confirmation etc. I called SGP in LA at 213-252-8132 to get an idea when my order will be shipped. I told her I ordered from classicleaf.com and she said that it is just a trial site and my order will not go through or be shipped even though I got an email confirmation saying it would. She said that I needed to place the order from the SGP site and it would be 2-4 weeks before the matte series are in stock. What the hell? How are people supposed to know this?

I encourage anyone that is in this situation to call the 213-252-8132 SGP number and complain. Feel free to report back your results. This is a bad business practice.

2. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I ordered from there also! Does that mean I'm not going to get anything from them? Now I'm sad. They better not try to charge my card.

3. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

She said they will not charge the card. It just sucks they mislead you into ordering and getting an order number but nothing will ever happen according to her. Really bad business practice.

I encourage everyone in this situation to call the number I listed and complain.

4. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

How ridiculous. Maybe I can find an ultra thin matte on ebay :(

5. missygal Guest

missygal

Well I orderd a Vivid Yellow one on the 23rd and same issue...That's crap! I ordered from the real site last night and it does show on my account on their web site so I hope that's real!!

Why would any copmpany do that? A test site, oh come on!!! Then post that on the fron page...geez!!!!!

6. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Thanks for this post, I was actually planning to place an order last night!
    Good thing I decided to wait until pay day hahah

7. missygal Guest

missygal

They just responded to my Facebook post about the order confusion. I told him that I just read that http://classicleaf.com/ was a test site???

So I'll let you know what he says.

8. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

9. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

I just ordered the shiny black ultra thin from the real SGP site and it shipped within 10 min. I prefer the matte but it will be 2 to 4 weeks. I only like black.

10. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Caught his facebook reply, guess I'll just wait until my matte silver is back on the sgp site :(

11. missygal Guest

missygal

Here's his PM to me...

It is a test website that is in development. You won't be charge from the website as it doesn't support the payment yet. You wouldn't have to worry about your information as it would be kept confidential.
    Thank you

That doesnt really help my frustration!

12. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

13. missygal Guest

missygal

He did!