iMac Pro warning: apfs_num_other Disk Utility message

Discussion in 'iMac' started by anaudiopro, Jul 28, 2018.

1. anaudiopro, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018

anaudiopro macrumors 65816

anaudiopro

Does anyone have any idea why when I run Disk Utility that I get the following:

warning: apfs_num_other_fsobjects (59) is not valid (61)

Thanks!

IMG_0388.jpg

2. bplein macrumors 6502a

bplein

Not sure I can help, but can you give us the output of:

diskutil list rdisk0
    diskutil list rdisk1
    tmutil listlocalsnapshots /

The reason I'm asking about the timemachine snapshots is that it generates the warning just after checking them. Not sure if it's triggering on the snapshots or something after.

Are you using any other tools like CCC that might be messing with snapshots?

3. anaudiopro thread starter macrumors 65816

anaudiopro

Thank you for responding and yes I am using CCC and have thought of this. I have tried deleting all snapshots, but the message remains. I am not using Time Machine at all. One very interesting thing that I noticed however is that when I install Pro Tools the message stops happening for a few scans, but then after using Pro Tools the message comes back. Very peculiar. Therefore I do not believe this message to be related to snapshots at all. I think it is merely coincidental that the message comes after checking snapshots.

4. Billy Shears macrumors member

Did you find out the cause for this warning message? I also have some Avid software (Sibelius), so maybe it's got something to do with them? Since you said that you got the message after using Pro Tools

5. nambuccaheadsau macrumors 68000

nambuccaheadsau

6. Billy Shears macrumors member

Did it, in Recovery it doesn't show any error. When I run First Aid again in normal mode, it still shows the warning.

7. nambuccaheadsau macrumors 68000

nambuccaheadsau