WARNING: Do NOT upgrade to 10.5.3 if you're using translucent menus from 10.5.1!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheSpaz, May 28, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

If you upgrade to 10.5.3 today and you've previously applied the translucent menus fix by injecting some of the 10.5.1 pieces into your System, your computer will hang upon restart and nothing will run. I had to log in via SSH and fix it myself with the Terminal... it wasn't fun but, I'm back to normal now... some others might not like the Terminal as much. This is a warning... don't do it.

Here's the thread where we fixed the Translucent menus http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=433039&highlight=bring+back+translucent&page=11

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

this would be common sense since apple states on the update page that you shouldn't update with hacks and the like in use

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I'm just getting the word out since I forgot I even applied that hack. It's been a while and I got used to the translucent menus again and haven't thought about it lately.

4. BioCore macrumors regular

So is it safe for someone who never did any hacks but still uses the default
    translucent menu bar within 10.5.2 to upgrade with no problems?

5. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

We're talking about changing the menus in 10.5.2 to the same menus as 10.5.1... this is different than the translucent menu bar. If you never applied any hacks, you're fine to upgrade to 10.5.3.

6. greenlightracer macrumors member

Alright so whats the fix dude? If you found a way around this it would be great to post it... we have to update to 10.5.3 eventually lol