Warning dont by Apple leather case!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by syphern, Oct 11, 2013.

1. syphern, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

syphern macrumors 6502

Hey guys

So i ordered my Apple leather case - beige for my new iphone 5s and obvously it shipped WAY before the 5s...

Anyway 2 weeks after it arrived I got my phone and at first it was an amazing case very nice feel - after 48 hours the edges started peeling off... its become a horrible colour see pic below! I cant repair it as literally the leather has peeled off! - I have a hectic job and on my feet all day so the phone is in my pocket but this is a very bad case!

Now i dont know what to do... they wont give me a refund as 14 days are over but I didnt start using it until my iphone arrived! any sugestions?

http://postimg.org/image/uhh3x73jr/

http://postimg.org/image/nj346nltn/

2. hansonjohn590 macrumors 6502

I've heard nothing but bad things about the durability of these cases, thanks for saving me $40. Even the ****** $1 ebay cases last longer before showing wear.

Too bad, they really look and feel good.

3. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

Go to Apple. They'll replace it. They are great.

4. troubleonline macrumors 65816

troubleonline

I got this beige case and frankly am terrified (okay slight overstatement!) to touch it for fear of it getting dirty or stained. Also concerned it gets damaged or scratched in my pocket or bag.

I think I will look for a new case soon and keep this for 'going out'! Yes am a girl!!

The apple case needs another case to protect it!

I wish I'd spent the money on a dock instead :(

5. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

The price tag was enough to keep me away, thankfully. These cases look nice out of the box, but they just don't last.

6. wxman2003 Suspended

I have black case, and have had no such problems. I think the black is the most durable of all their colors.

7. supermassive, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

What exactly does it mean? Are you working at a construction site or simmilar?

Looks real bad though. Did you drop it?

It Looks like the color is comming off. And underneath it's bleached or something.

What I don't get is @ pic #2 - bottom left inside the case - it seems like the leather is indeed Peeling off. How did you manage this it is on the inside? Did you rip he phone out of the case or how come?

8. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

They used pigmented leather. The coating consists of the color and a type of clear coating, similar to leather in cars. Not a good choice for something seeing heavy usage. Would have been better using a natural, uncoated leather.

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

10. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I'm fine wid it

Attached Files:

11. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

My red case has wear marks like yours after a couple weeks, but I'm not too worried about it. I guess if you are looking for leather to look pristine even through use then you definitely shouldn't even consider this case.

12. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

How do you like the beige? The inner part looks pink

13. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

My red case is dirty but I don't have any peeling like yours.

14. dazedxar macrumors member

I was told my an Apple employee when I bought the case it comes with a 1 year warranty.

15. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

mmm... scratched dead animal skin.

Get a new one. Baby cows are born every day on an Apple farm in Illinois so that you can wrap that skin around your iDevice some poor kid in China made.

I ain't hatin'... I've got the same stuff as everyone else. I just think it's 'funny' in a dark kind of way. The gods are laughing at our carelessness, I'm sure.

*flame suit ON*

16. HiRisk macrumors 6502

It'll buff off

----------

Gods? Huh?

17. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

True all accessories do. So you could bring it in and get it exchanged if you can sell the point that the case has a problem.

18. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

I got black case for my Space grey but I am disappointed. Apple could have design them a little better. I hate that case doesn't cover silver band (antenna) all around the phone.

19. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

What didn't you understand about that?

Gods, electric universe, whatever.

20. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

See, this is one of my FAVORITE things about the case. Just love seeing that gray with the brown.
    OP, I had an issue with my first brown case so I went to my Apple store about 18 days after purchase and they swapped it without even asking for a receipt or box. Give it a shot!

21. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I had a Moshi Concerti leather case that did exactly the same thing. The edges peeled off and they eventually seem to withdraw the case.

22. AFDoc, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013

AFDoc macrumors 68030

I see no peeling.... I see typical discoloration of light colored leather from darker materials and possibly a few nicks or gouges like i have in mine. Sometimes people's expectations are way way out of reality. It's light colored, thin leather. Did you expect it to look like you just took it out of the box for ever? Maybe read the back of the box that the case came in for a little perspective.

My red case shows some discoloration and a few nicks and gouges here and there..... not a big deal you know why?

Attached Files:

23. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Oops I guess I shoulda looked closer it's just dis coloring. But yea I don't know why he thought that the beige cause wouldn't get discolored.

24. cirial macrumors regular

I think it's time to cut your finger nails :cool:

25. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

That's not his picture. It was leaked a while before the Apple event in Sept.