Warning. Don't get a case that covers up to the edge of the touchscreen

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by SteveWTW, May 18, 2010.

1. SteveWTW macrumors member

I got a new case for my iPad where the protective border around the screen is right up to the edge of the touch sensitive screen. This turns out to the rather annoying when trying to select items at the edges with your fingers. Trying to move an icon from one screen to another is not even really possible without taking it out of the case. Overall, the experience is not nearly as good as having the beauty of the whole front of the iPad in front of you.

The dodocase is perfect because the front is totally exposed but the 4-6 week wait is a killer. Anyone found a suitable alternative where most of the front is exposed and is more readily available?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. SteveWTW thread starter macrumors member

3. VetPsychWars macrumors newbie

Another issue with your case is that it covers the ambient light sensor, which means you can't use the automatic brightness feature.

Tom

4. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Is there a reason why you and other people aren't buying the Apple case for it?

5. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

2nded. OP, I must say the Apple case is the best one I've found (for the money).
    There are plenty of other alternatives on the iLounge site you linked, maybe check those out. I just like how the Apple case isn't as gaudy as the others

6. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

The Apple case functionality is great but the texture and look isn't for everyone and it's notoriously difficult to keep clean.

I have both an Apple case and a Marware Eco-flip and while the Marware isn't quite as functional (lacks a good way to prop up in landscape position), the leather and microfiber texture looks and feels great. Sadly, I'm turning into a bit of a case junkie and also ordered a Dodocase but will have to wait patiently for its arrival.

7. phil75 macrumors newbie

Many don't buy the Apple case because it easily accumulates small stuff and just like the above poster said, it's hard to keep it clean.

If you're always on the go, you wouldn't have enough time to clean it religiously.

8. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I love my Apple case, but at the same time, I am looking for a great leather alternative with the same functionality.

I'll continue waiting since there is nothing that interests me or fits the requirements right now.

9. illutionz macrumors 65816

Because the material really really attracts dust and whilst my place is clean, my workplace, bags, cars, outside may not be as clean as my home

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

What case is that? Looks like a no name. Who ever made that should never make any cases.

11. vynn macrumors member

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes they have some nice cases, I'll have a review of both iPad cases soon.

13. koollectablz macrumors 6502

Actually that looks like a really nice case. Be interested to see some pics when you get it.

14. Mac N Tosh macrumors regular

Because they dont have em....:mad:

15. SteveWTW thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the recommendation. I've ordered one. Also used promo code 'generationmp3' to get 15% off the order.

16. kensteve macrumors newbie

This case is NO good it has 2 powerful Magnets to hold it in an upright postion. But what they do is wipe the ipads hard drive (ram). have had 2 new ipads before i worked it out. Have emailed the company but NO reply. So Not a good buy.

ps. Maybe that is why there now seems to be a different design on there web site 3rd July

They have not answered any of my Emails and they do not seem to have a telephone contact number

Please be warned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. FrancisD macrumors newbie

Cases that cover up to the edge of the iPad are definitely a pain and hard to work with.

I have the apple case, the belkin vue, and the Noreve. The Noreve (iPad Tradition case) is by far the best case for my needs, and the magnets and metal frame of the case have caused no issue with the iPad. The wifi speedtest I just did while writing this gave me a result of 14155 Kbps.