warning-Drop frames

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rangrego, Nov 23, 2009.

1. rangrego macrumors newbie

hi,
    I have a problem of drop frames.
    I work SD , capture my video dv-pal into 1T portable hard-disk with 800 FW port.
    I have MacPro 2 x 2.8 gHz quad-core and 2G memory .
    My Sequence settings are good, I have 1 video track and 2 sound tracks, my music has AIFF codec.

My problem is that I can't work on my time line in real time.
    I need to put compression data rate on quoter, and work in safe RT mode.
    I work only with 1 sequence open.
    and my real-time audio tracks on 8
    I think there is another problem that cause this drop frame problem.

Please help me to start checking every step during my editing work.
    Thank you very much for your help,
    Ran.

2. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

What kind of drives are you working with. I have 4 7200 RPM drives in Raid 0 and I still drop frames in 720p it could be drive throughput.

3. rangrego thread starter macrumors newbie

my drive I working with

I have The SmallRoc - SR1 delivers.
    Specifically designed for demanding audio/video professionals, the stylish SR1 aluminum case contains two fast 3.5" SATA drive mechanisms could be configured as a single RAID 0 (default), JBOD/SPAN or Normal, two separate drives with capacity and speed no single drive can match.

By default, the two drives in the case are configured to appear as a single volume that's faster than either drive individually (this configuration is referred to as RAID 0, or a striped array). You also have the option of reconfiguring so that the drives' capacities are combined as "just a bunch of drives" (JBOD), sacrificing the performance boost of RAID 0 for better fault-tolerance. Finally, you can reconfigure so that the two drives appear as a separate volumes that can be accessed independently.

This is the page site on the web : http://www.rocstor.com/products/smallroc.html

Attached Files:

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

What about adding more ram? 2 Gigs seems kind of low for video editing. Even video editing in SD. I don't use FCP but it is just a suggestion.