Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the third developer beta of iOS 17.1, an update that is set to come out in October. With this beta, Apple has a warning about the Wallet app, which may not function as intended for those running an earlier iOS 17.1 beta.

Apple-Wallet-16x9.jpeg

According to the release notes for the update, now that beta 3 has been released, the Wallet app might crash on launch for those who have not yet updated and are still on iOS 17.1 beta 1 or iOS 17.1 beta 2. Note that this impacts those who have used Apple's "Connected Cards" feature, which is the function that allows UK users to see their debit and credit card balance info directly in the Wallet app.

If you're on an earlier beta and wondering why the Wallet app isn't working, the answer is Apple changed something in the backend. You can fix the Wallet app by upgrading to beta 3. Right now, the update is only available to developers, so public beta testers could potentially run into issues. Apple will likely release the third public beta of iOS 17.1 tomorrow.

Apple also says that the connection between a card and a bank account could unexpectedly revoke, and that users who encounter this issue will need to follow an "Update Your Connection" repair flow that includes going to Settings, navigating to Apple Pay & Wallet > Connections, and re-connecting a card.

Article Link: Warning for iOS 17.1 Beta Testers: Update to Beta 3 or Your Wallet App May Crash

Last edited:

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Still on beta 2 until I get home tonight.... wallet worked fine grabbing lunch a few minutes ago....

shabagiuly

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2014
Speaking of Wallet, the passes are no more visible in spotlight since iOS 17, am I the only one in this case ? Is there any fix ?
Thanks

ZeChild

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Glasgow, UK
Working fine on my end can now see the balance of my Barclaycard in my wallet, first time it’s been able to do that since the first version of 17.1

ojobson

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2009
Working fine on my end can now see the balance of my Barclaycard in my wallet, first time it’s been able to do that since the first version of 17.1
Ah, ok - I’ve been wondering why I haven’t seen any balance info on Barclaycard and Starling. Does it require any additional setup or does it just start working?

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
No issues with Wallet on my side, but with changes on the backend it may happen still. Reluctant to go to PB3 (when it drops) as I’m getting really good experience with PB2, so will wait a bit.

bebarhood

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2019
There needs to be a way to delete multiple tickets from the wallet app at once instead of having to delete them one by one.

ZeChild

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Glasgow, UK
Ah, ok - I’ve been wondering why I haven’t seen any balance info on Barclaycard and Starling. Does it require any additional setup or does it just start working?
I just updated to 17.1 beta 3 and made sure the Barclaycard app was up to date then selected the option in that appeared in the Wallet app where it shows recent transactions.

Sailor Ed

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2020
17.3 beta (21D5026f) which I validated is the latest build, apple wallet crashes, forced reset tried again. This has been occurring for the past 24 hours. Since it is the end of the year I suspect Apple is doing something on the back end, but no news reporting such shenanigans that I can find. Frustrating.

Sailor Ed

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2020
News Years came and suddenly I am able to open and use wallet. Again suspect something was going on in the backend. It is a same the Applecard is not forthcoming in its status. Modern users understand outages, companies would be better off to be more transparent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.