Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
I just discovered that Autoprotect for iOS 6 sucked up all available RAM in the rate of about a MB per ten seconds and used an insane amount of CPU when the phone was locked. So if you have it installed, please check in Instruments (it's included in Xcode) if you're experiencing the same problems.

jeans94621

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Thank you I was deleting all my tweaks and jailbreak apps trying to find the culprit it never dawn on me that it could be autoprotect so I never deleted that. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and restored my phone and iPad mini. I also had the battery draining which was the worse problem so I think I will remain stock for now.

mi3x

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2011
What is "Instruments" and how can I check if the app is a sucker as you mentioned? Thanks for the heads up! :apple:

hafr

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
What is "Instruments" and how can I check if the app is a sucker as you mentioned? Thanks for the heads up! :apple:

It's a program included in Xcode (free in Mac App Store). Just run it, have your phone connected to the computer and press record. You'll now see an activity monitor for your phone. Very useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.