Warning if you forget your phone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hipnotizer, Apr 11, 2015.

1. hipnotizer macrumors regular

I was wondering if the Apple Watch warns you if you leave your phone, say in a cab or restaurant. When it realizes that it has disconnected does it give you some kind of notice or warning?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If my $50 bluetooth headphones vibrate on disconnect I would imagine the Apple watch would also.

3. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

This would be genius. Even just for accidentally leaving my phone on the charger when leaving for work.

4. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

Would make sense. My pebble vibrates on disconnect too. It's a great feature

5. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

It has a ping mode that you tap a button on the watch and your phone makes noises. I would imagine it lets you know when you are too far away as well.

6. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

This is a good idea. Would be cool if we could make an alert if we get a certain distance from our phone. Like 10 feet or something. Only on Bluetooth, not at home over wifi.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Like stated above even my $80 Pebble watch vibrates on BT disconnect. If Apple didn't think of this that is disappointing.

8. betabeta macrumors 6502a

Yeah, too many times I panic I forgot my phone on a stores counter, I would love a warning you could set or toggle.

Just a few taps on the wrist and a note saying your phone is over 50 feet away, you could just dismiss it, or disable it.

9. hipnotizer thread starter macrumors regular

Hopefully if pebble has it, the apple watch does too. I can see this being highly beneficial and prevent a lot of unnecessary phone losses!