Warning: IOS 8.4 Wipes Out Your CD Music

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ukooku, Jul 3, 2015.

1. ukooku macrumors newbie

ukooku

If you didn't buy it on itunes, IOS 8.4 will WIPE IT AWAY. PERIOD. And no more functionality like sorting or shuffling tunes. Oh, and um, no more listening offline. If this is the future of Apple Music, REOPEN ALL RECORD STORES TODAY!

2. Spankey macrumors 6502a

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I think you may have got a little unlucky, are you sure you didn't do a clean install through iTunes, or did you update through the phone? I've never had a problem updating within the phone (well, I did from iOS 4>5, wiped everything) - but since then at least it's been all good.

4. CliftonHighgrov macrumors regular

CliftonHighgrov

This functionality still exists on my iPhone 5S. Not sure what's happening on your device.

5. newellj macrumors 601

You must have done something to trigger that. No problems on either of my phones.

6. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I listen to my music shuffled and offline including the songs from my CDs.

7. FloridaGary macrumors regular

I still have the CDs I uploaded years ago and can play or shuffle at any time.

8. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Way to overdramatize a singular occurrence, OP.

I look forward to your next post: "WARNING: Apple Music uses up ALL your data plan!".

9. jayinla macrumors regular

One thing I have noticed is the new app is sorting your artist only with the Album Artist field from iTunes. I had several songs which did not have that field populated disappear. There use to be a toggle in settings to decide if you wanted it sorted this way but Apple removed it.

10. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

11. Paco II macrumors 65816

12. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

Over 2000 songs on my iPhone 6. Not one purchased from iTunes. All ripped from CDs and all still on my phone after 8.4.

13. sziehr macrumors 6502a

14. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Joins today, one post describing a problem no one else seems to post about. yeah Apple sucks.

15. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I updated all my devices and non of my CD music was lost, but I never enabled Apple Music

16. Martigan macrumors newbie

I had exactly the same happen to me. Seriously unimpressed with apple...

17. mrboba1 macrumors regular

To piggyback on this topic, I actually now have lost my ripped music on my iPhone 6 twice now, once under 8.3 and now again under 8.4.

Is there something I can do to keep this from happening? I used to be good at figuring out this kind of stuff - but iTunes is really a total pile of crap.

18. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Is i something to do with icloud? I didn't lose my ripped music but my own playlists vanished from my iPhone (not iTunes on my my computer however) the first time I synced with iTunes after upgrading to ios 8.4 and iTunes 12.2. I had to make sure icloud was off in both phone and pc.

19. mrboba1 macrumors regular

I lost all my playlists (30+) too, but that didn't matter as much since the songs that populated them weren't there anyways.

I don't use iCloud to back up my music (way too much), so maybe?

AFAIK, all these songs and playlists are on my computer, I just haven't synced it back yet (hopefully it works)

20. Bishop Biscuits macrumors member

Bishop Biscuits

I lost over 1000 songs-- Even iTunes purchased songs and when I try to download them from iCloud it says that they were not purchased on my Apple ID. When I spoke to Apple they that they couldnt find anything to restore. iTunes 12.2 and iOS 8.4 ruined my music. Most of the CD imported songs I have arent even on iTunes, and those CD's are long gone. EVEN MY RINGTONES are gone. I always backed up my iPhone via Macbook pro since it had all of my music and info. I tried the "remedy" to the issue by using an old iTunes library, and they are still gone and made it worse by taking away another 300 songs. (The old library was literally a day before the update).