Warning MobileMe iPad monitored by AT&T

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rumor5709, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rumor5709 macrumors newbie

Warning, MobileMe may be monitored by AT&T
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I got this email message from At&T, about one day after activating and using the Find my iPhone service (using iPad).

I have a iPhone modified sim in my iPad to use a current iPhone unlimited data account for my iPad ( I'm paying for two unlimited data accounts for iPhone on AT&T). ----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX,
    We hope you are enjoying your Apple® iPadTM Wi-Fi + 3G!

We value your business and want to ensure you're set up with the right data plan for iPad. If you have recently swapped a SIM card from your wireless handset into iPad, your data service may not work properly on either device. Please call us within the next 30 days at 1-800-331-0500 (or 611 from your wireless phone) and our team can help you establish service with an AT&T 3G Data Plan for iPad.

AT&T offers two thirty-day data plan options for your iPad: 250 MB for $14.99 or 2 GB for $25.00. Both plans are available for advance purchase and auto-renew every 30 days to provide a seamless, on-the-go iPad experience on the nation's fastest 3G network.

If you select the 250 MB or 2 GB plan, iPad will notify you at 20%, and 10% remaining, and when there's no more data available so you can decide if you want to add more data prior to the monthly automatic renewal or upgrade to the 2 GB plan. You can also change your data plan or cancel the automatic renewal at any time, without penalty.

Our team is ready to help you activate data service with the right plan. We look forward to your call. You can also visit www.att.com/ipad to learn more.

Thank you for being an AT&T customer.

Sincerely,

AT&T

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Thanks for the heads up. I don't like that at all!

Cheers,

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

You activating your Find My iPhone and them sending you this email aren't connected at all.

They keep a record of the numbers on the SIM cards as well as the IMEI of the devices. Odds are they're comparing iPhone SIM cards and the IMEI that they are commonly associated and seeing if there's any iPad usage on those accounts. AT&T knows what SIM card you have in your iPhone, what SIM card you have in your iPad, and the IMEIs of all the devices. They just need to take the time to check. You just happened to be caught.

4. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

HaHa...Busted

You sir, are dishonest and a thief!

5. wpotere Guest

LOL, you don't think that they monitor their network? FYI, it doesn't matter if you pay for two iPhones on your plan, the plan is connected to the device. So what you are doing is basically stealing. Cancel the other iPhone and setup an account for your iPad.