Warning of a Dark Sky

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jr866gooner, Apr 29, 2014.

1. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Hello all,

I'm new to this app but I'm pretty darn impressed by it. I wanted to advise others in case you either hadn't seen it or were apprehensive of purchasing.

It's called Dark Sky, it actually notifies you when rain is approaching! I got this app simply because I have started to bike to work a few days a week to keep fit. This app is perfect as it will say when launched how far away rain is and if rain/snow will be in your location, it will even notify you of incoming rain with an approx time!

To add the developers give a really good service and are prompt with email questions and queries re the app.

This is now my second most used app (tapatalk is top) :)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dark-sky-weather-radar-hyperlocal/id517329357?mt=8

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It is a very great app. I've been using it for about 2 years now, and it's been one of my most used apps.

I've been telling anyone I can about it since I first downloaded it, happily spreading the word.

3. jr866gooner thread starter macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I was surprised I hadn't seen it before but only noticed as started biking to work so it's perfect. By the time my alarm goes off in the morning I will have been aware of upcoming rain or a missed notification at 2-3am of rain past lol

Very very pleased with this app and it's locational features too!