WARNING: PDASMART.COM is a ripoff

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jimcnic, Aug 23, 2009.

1. jimcnic macrumors newbie

Ordered a replacement battery. Credit card was billed 2 days later. Now 6 months later despite several inquiries, they still have not shipped any product and have not issued refund.

pdasmart.com appears dishonest.

Order number 7059240 from 25 March 2009.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

In the future, resellerratings.com is the perfect place to check a site's validity prior to buying.

3. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

Get your credit card company to issue a chargeback.

4. shosta macrumors newbie

PDASMART.com is a scam, i sent in zune for repair and they sent me back my zune with even worse damage. plus charged me 100 dollars thou i was quoted 20$ at first. sent it back to be fixed again free of charge and it was sent back 3 months later still BROKEN. WORST company ever.

5. loren777 macrumors newbie

loren777

PDASmart does business by a bunch of names so beware!

Absolutely agree with Shosta and jimcnic about PDASmart.com. Though my experience wasn't as bad. I sent my iPhone to a company called iPodrepair.com but they have a bunch of websites all filtering into their repair site, names like pdasmart.com, ipaqparts.com, ipaqrepair.com, ipodrepair.com, ipodparts.com, etc... Their real name is Optimistic Enterprises in Cedar Park, TX. They promise to return calls and you hear nothing. I found out after the fact they have an "F" rating with the BBB. Next time I'll check the BBB first. I recommend everyone here do the same to protect your self from false advertising with which ever online company you think of using. :eek:

6. xpected_one macrumors regular

xpected_one

Hmm this is good to know.. I live prob 35 mins from them and thought about having my gf's iphone battery replaced there.