iPhone XS Max **Warning** Read before buying**

ACURA2015

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2015
Miami, Florida
I was very happy to be purchasing my new iPhone Pro Max this week, but after reading these comments it is NOT worth it at all to spend the money on the Apple loss and theft protection plan, if Apple is going to deny the claim for the loss or theft. Any comments or suggestions?

**Read what people are saying about having their Find my iPhone feature "ON" and Apple still denying the claim**

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8655018

Last edited:
Reactions: edlex and jermy4

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
That’s up to the person. For some it may be a good idea to purchase theft. For me personally; I’ll pass, and just keep my phone in my pocket.

Reactions: ruslan120

ruslan120

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
I always buy it. I take my iPhone on trips with friends (e.g. ski trips and film skiing, beaches, trips abroad, etc).

I like AC+ (and am a huge fan of the added loss/theft protection). Have had an iPhone stolen on a trip abroad before. Now, there’s peace of mind and I can do more with the phone without worrying about damaging or losing the $1200 device.

It ultimately depends on your lifestyle and what you do with the phone.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I don’t think he’s saying it’s not worth getting theft and loss, what he’s trying to show is that their claims are being rejected for stupid reasons. My sister was one of them. She lost her phone with find my iPhone turned on, Apple assisted her deleting all her info so it wouldn’t be stolen and then when the claim came back for loss, it was declined because find my iPhone was turned off.

I’m looking into getting theft and loss through Verizon this year. It’s about 6.99 a month. I’m reading the small print tho because I don’t want to run into other issues with them, too.

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
I don’t think he’s saying it’s not worth getting theft and loss, what he’s trying to show is that their claims are being rejected for stupid reasons. My sister was one of them. She lost her phone with find my iPhone turned on, Apple assisted her deleting all her info so it wouldn’t be stolen and then when the claim came back for loss, it was declined because find my iPhone was turned off.

I’m looking into getting theft and loss through Verizon this year. It’s about 6.99 a month. I’m reading the small print tho because I don’t want to run into other issues with them, too.
She didn’t fight hard enough and escalate her case to the right people. This same situation happened to my wife and I took to Twitter and tweeted several news outlets. Apple quickly reached out to me and I had a brand new sealed phone in retail packaging within a week and it didn’t even use up one of the insurance claims.