*WARNING* SGP Incredible Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jmike314, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jmike314 macrumors member

I had ordered the Incredible Shield Ultra Matte & Ultra Coat for my new iP4.
    They came in today right after the phone showed up.....needless to say I'm all giddy and what not.

The boxes even have a "Works with iPhone 4" on the outside.
    Yippee....I'm ready to go.
    Not!
    There are no cutouts for the flash or the front facing camera.
    Me no is happy right now. Looks like I'm gonna have to go spend3-4x the $$$ at BB or ATT&T to get something to cover my phone.

*EDIT*:
    After going ahead and installing both shield kits - Ultra Coat on mine / Ultra Matte on wife's - I can say that the Ultra Coat seems to allow the flash to work properly and takes pictures in the dark just fine. The Ultra Matte will, however, affect the flash and lessen the quality of photos taken in the dark.

See my pics below to prove that it happened.

2. GameraFan macrumors regular

Have you installed and tried a flash picture?

3. jmike314 thread starter macrumors member

Not yet...waiting for activation to complete.
    I've seen threads that say that the shield has interfered with pictures.
    It's odd...will post later if everything works out.

4. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Probably better off just not installing a shield.

5. GameraFan macrumors regular

Responded to wrong message. Ignore.

6. GameraFan macrumors regular

Please do. Having one delivered in the next few days and want to know if I should just return it straight a way. Thanks.

7. ooo macrumors 6502

Just email them. It's probably the first batch of shipment. When I ordered an iPad skin from them the first batch was messed up as well. They sent me a replacement after I emailed them free of charge.

8. jmike314 thread starter macrumors member

Update on SGP Incredible Shield Ultra Coat

Here are 2 pics taken with my iP4 after installing the SGP Incredible Shield Ultra Coat on the backside of the phone. The shield does not have a cutout for the flash.

The first one was taken outside in full light. (phone takes pretty nice pictures)
    The second one was taken in my closet with the door shut and completely dark. (not really a bad photo considering it was taken with a phone)

I had a picture of the closet without the screen on but in my rapid fire button pushing style, I managed to delete it instead of emailing it to my PC.

If someone has a pic without the flash being covered it would be nice for comparison. You be the judge if you want to go the Incredible Shield route.

*EDIT*:
    The last picture is with the Ultra Matte backing covering the LED flash. You can see that it definitely has an effect on pictures taken in the dark.

Attached Files:

9. GameraFan macrumors regular

Flash picture looks fine to me. Thanks for posting the pics. Trogdor approves. :D

10. cjb23 macrumors newbie

11. iphoneguy123 macrumors regular

See an eye doctor ASAP.

The white effect on the picture is the result of the flash being glared back on the screen. It's the same problem people who left the back on were having it.

12. gmail macrumors member

13. jmike314 thread starter macrumors member

I believe he posted before I added the 3rd picture. Both tshirt pictures were taken in my dark closet. One with the Ultra Coat covering the flash and then the other with the Ultra Matte covering the flash.

14. jaydeeohh macrumors newbie

I have no issue with the soft back film. I tested out the flash in various conditions and it does not interfere with the lens. As long as the film is positioned correctly, you shouldn't have any light bleeding into the camera.