***warning*** (summerboard theme eagles)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Acronym, May 11, 2008.

1. Acronym macrumors 68000

do not download the summerboard theme eagles it bricked my iod both times i tried to use it.

just letting everyone know

2. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Umm... how can your iPod be bricked twice, when it can't be bricked at all...?

3. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

well i downloaded the eagles SMB theme and when i tried to use it all it did was show that spinning circle in the middle i left it for like 5 minutes and ended up shutting my ipod down so then i had to do a force restore because i tould not laod up so i installed a SMB theme fix and it did the same thing.

4. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Thats not bricking, thats crashing. And i don't see how a summerboard theme itself can crash your iPod.

Anywho... I'm curious if its the theme, or something else thats crashing your iPod. I'm not gunna install it meself, but anyone who is willing to risk a crashed iPod?

5. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

It could be because the permissions on the images are incorrect? You should check that the Owner, Group and Everyone has Read permissions when they are on your iPod touch before using them.

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

god no offence to the OP but these threads do get boring, if you can restore an iPod Touch then its not bricked ffs its only bricked when nothing happens at all after making sure its charged and what not and still wont turn on THEN its bricked.

My best advice (from reading your previous posts) is to just restore the touch to apple's official firmware you dont seem to know exactly what you are doing and to save yourselve the hassle of these threads just walk away lol

7. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

It probably coruted the springboard.plst file, and therefore, cant boot up

8. touchypoddy macrumors newbie

hi emm i had or have same problem can you describe what u did to fix it it would be great help thanks.

9. touchypoddy macrumors newbie

its okkgot it fixed just left it a while then restored it but dont use it i got posted 4 warning e-mail and they said it can brick your ipod touch(not bricked like the guy at the tops) but never orkc again bricked its a form of virus that didnt work against ipod protection but it can mess it up reeal bad so if u have any problems e-mail me at bobert-twin2@hotmail.co.uk

10. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

You're in England. Don't they teach the rules and conventions of the English language there?

11. Tonerl Guest

'You're in England. Don't they teach the rules and conventions of the English language there?'

Sadly, the English language has not been taught properly in England for several decades. The BBC, which was formerly a bastion of good English, now sounds like a street market and is painful to listen to. 'Dumbing down' is the order of the day. At the present rate of regression, we'll be reduced to grunting at each other quite soon.

12. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

none taken bt i was not sure what bricking was exactly to be honest this is my first ipod and while i might not know as much as you i have expanded (at least i think) my knowledge of my ipod nd its abilities to function ect...

all i did was do a force restart