Warning: Warranty Void

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cstew, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cstew macrumors newbie

Be sure not to use your iPhone anywhere that there is moisture. I know most of Earth has moisture but if 1 of your 4 moisture sensors changes color your warranty is voided. It is voided because you submerged your phone. When did you submerge your phone? You don't remember ever getting your phone wet. Thats OK Apple will tell you that you have submerged your phone and you have to buy a new one. Even if you have not, you are the liar because they have the sensor. Does not matter that 1 of the sensors is in the lowest point of the phone and may have gotten damp. You are still a liar because a genius told you so.:confused:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm sorry for your loss?

Pay for it or deal with the brokenness.

3. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

4. Jeremy08 macrumors regular

I don't know why you even come on here and post....half your responses either demean people or are just straight up jerk ass remarks.

To the OP:
    I think unfortunately your are SOL, although you aren't alone, Apple is a huge company that can't treat everyone fairly, so sometimes you get caught in the crossfire like in this situation. I would suggest calling Apple care and pleading your case. Good Luck.

5. cstew thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I am SOL. I did buy another, just warning others of the extreme care needed in owning an iPhone.

Tallest Skil you are awesome.

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

:confused:

7. aok1975 macrumors 6502

+1

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think this thread is done. If I might summarize: Apple will not care if you tell them that you don't know how your phone got wet, when they have objective proof that your phone did get wet. Thanks for providing the insight on the issue.

Beyond that, this thread seems to be about nothing except flaming each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.