Warning when Charging IP4

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
I noticed that when I plug in my IP4 to charge I sometimes get a notice saying that this devise is not compatable with this charger. The device will not charge. It happens really quick then starts charging and then stops and the warning comes up. I'm using the charger that came with the phone. Has anyone else had this problem? Could this be ruining my battery?

jacollins

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Mine doesn't do this. What do you have the charger plugged into? Wall/laptop/desktop/usb hub what? I've heard of issues with charging from some USB ports and hubs for example (although I don't know if it says incompatible).

If it is consistent, I'd take it in to an Apple store.

Comment

NikeTalk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
This has happened to me with my Bose sound dock which is completely compatiable.

Comment

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
I had a old iPhone charger from the original and when I would attempt to plug it into my 3G and 3GS it would throw that message I later discovered that it was doing that because it wasn't completely plugged in and the latches on the side had worn down so it wouldn't stay completely plugged in

Comment

jacollins

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Maybe a bumper thing then? ie. it doesn't plug in all the way with the bumper on and gives the message?

Comment

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
I'm plugging it into the wall and I do not have a bumper. It hasn't happened to my gf's Iphone 4 yet.

Comment

Bkasm

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
I had this message appear when using the iP4 with the original iPhone (2G) dock.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.