Warning when Charging IP4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jnardis, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

I noticed that when I plug in my IP4 to charge I sometimes get a notice saying that this devise is not compatable with this charger. The device will not charge. It happens really quick then starts charging and then stops and the warning comes up. I'm using the charger that came with the phone. Has anyone else had this problem? Could this be ruining my battery?

2. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Mine doesn't do this. What do you have the charger plugged into? Wall/laptop/desktop/usb hub what? I've heard of issues with charging from some USB ports and hubs for example (although I don't know if it says incompatible).

If it is consistent, I'd take it in to an Apple store.

3. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

This has happened to me with my Bose sound dock which is completely compatiable.

4. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I had a old iPhone charger from the original and when I would attempt to plug it into my 3G and 3GS it would throw that message I later discovered that it was doing that because it wasn't completely plugged in and the latches on the side had worn down so it wouldn't stay completely plugged in

5. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Maybe a bumper thing then? ie. it doesn't plug in all the way with the bumper on and gives the message?

6. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm plugging it into the wall and I do not have a bumper. It hasn't happened to my gf's Iphone 4 yet.

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Mine too. But it does charge the iPhone 4.

8. Bkasm macrumors member

I had this message appear when using the iP4 with the original iPhone (2G) dock.