WARNING: You May Be Missing Voicemails Already!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by randomerratum, Aug 30, 2010.

1. randomerratum macrumors 6502

For many iPhone users, Visual Voicemail has not been working for a number of weeks.

I started a thread a couple weeks ago;
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=993196&page=2

...to bring this to people's attention... But seeing as how I keep prompting people to come across this problem for themselves, yet it didn't get a lot of attention, I thought I try a new thread.. I'm convinced this is happening to a LOT of people who don't realize it, the only way to know is to check for yourself!!

Take a moment to test for yourself;

Using the Phone function, use the keypad to press and hold "1" until it calls voicemails. See how many unheard messages you have.

Also test it yourself. Call your phone, don't answer and leave a message... see if it notifies you.

Apparently it's an AT&T issue, some have had success by calling in ATT support, others (self included) were told to check manually for now and wait for a new iPhone software update (which I'm sure is BS) - I only found out when my wife's co-workers were complaining... sure enough, I had 7 unheard voicemails from the past few weeks!!

2. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Must be an AT&T only issue.... no issues here in Canada on Fido for me.

3. slicecom macrumors 68020

Ditto with Rogers in Canada (same network as Fido).

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Don't know what to tell you, other than sorry it isn't working for you. However I just ran both tests you suggest, and I'm not missing any messages. And voicemails come through just fine. I'm on AT&T.

5. Brinkman macrumors 6502

Brinkman

This has happened each time an iOS release has come out for me. To fix it I had to reset all settings in general.

6. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Same here. No problem.
    Don't understand this at all... If it's a 'known issue', it would be really nice if AT&T would let us actually KNOW!

7. protox macrumors regular

Yes having this issue on all 4 of my iPhone 4's. They come in as late as 5 days so I always just manually check them now.

PS This is on AT&T

8. SAL8116 macrumors regular

SAL8116

Have not experienced a problem getting voicemails. I have been getting them within minutes of receiving them.

9. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

10. kamusta1 macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue of 2 of my iPhone 4 lines, since launch day. I am getting no notification at all that voicemails are received. When I reset the voicemail thru 611 or online I cant even up the visual voicemail on the phone. It just keeps saying "Saving Password" after choosing Default or Custom greeting.

I have repeatedly spoke to various reps trying to fix the issue but it still has not resolved. It is very frustrating.

11. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Been getting vmail just fine, but still did the test. Vmail came few sec after I hung up.

12. ajones46 macrumors 6502

13. 184550 Guest

No problems here. Although it could be because my friends know I don't do voicemail.

14. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

everytime i get a new iphone i have to reinput the vmail passcode. perhaps that is your problem. no issues here on att

15. psychotropic macrumors regular

I decided to see if I was having the same issue on my 3GS and I had three voicemails that I missed and weren't being displayed in visual voicemail. Man I love me some AT&T....

16. gtmac macrumors 6502a

Just for fun thought I would check. Seven new messages that never showed up. WTF so how do I fix this????

17. SlasherKG macrumors member

Ok, so I think I've found what fixes it. I had some old messages still listed on the iPhone itself that weren't on the at&t voicemail system. As soon as I deleted them, and cleared the deleted messages folder also then rebooted, all new messages from that point on show up instantly.

18. randomerratum thread starter macrumors 6502

Best thing to do for everybody is to call AT&T and insist that this is a widespread problem.

Some claim to have success when AT&T "resets" the VV feature on their account... When I called, they insisted that this was an isolated issue with my phone, I needed to restore, reset my network settings, restore to factory settings (I think they thought I had jailbroken my phone and that did it) to Apple or wait for the new update.

...I want to call again, but I can't find the time these days to spend 45 minutes on hold just so I can insist to them that my favorite forum site says they're wrong.

19. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

20. gtmac macrumors 6502a

Just reset all settings and it seems to be working now.

21. LivingLarge macrumors member

i seem to have this problem once in a while with the iPhone as well. It mostly happened when i was using the 3g, have not had any issues in the past few weeks with the ip4, hopefully its just a stupid ATT glitch and they work it out to fix those currently suffering from the problem, and from it presenting any further unknown missed vm's.

22. randomerratum thread starter macrumors 6502

I just tried this and it looks promising...

I only had 2 messages in my inbox (that I really wanted to save) I trashed them and cleared the deleted VMs and 3 "new" messages (already 'saved' from the AT&T VM system) popped up.

However... I'm now sitting here, waiting for the test message my wife just left me.... it's been 10 minutes.

23. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Couldn't repeat either situation and I have at least 15 messages in my VM on a daily basis. Only time I miss a call is when I have it on silent and I'm in a meeting and forget to turn it back on after the meeting...

24. xerenthar macrumors 6502

25. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

nothing missed here...i always get it as soon as someone leaves it.