Warped Incase Perforated Cover for Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by zulumonk, Aug 16, 2011.

1. zulumonk macrumors member

I recently purchased the Incase Perforated Cover for my 13" Macbook Air. The bottom piece fits perfectly, but the top portion doesn't fit flush with the lid. There appears to be two "bubbles" on the lid portion. Is this supposed to happen or is my cover faulty?

Attached Files:

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Not unless your MBA got breast implants... :cool:

3. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I just took delivery of the 11" version yesterday, It does not have the implants :D

4. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Incase has iffy quality control and I don't find their products to last very long.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, I just now picked up the incase mag snap case for the iPad 2 and have to say it's excellent. M Aviq I going back. Cant speak to the MBA cover though.

6. Roller macrumors 68020

It's not supposed to be like that. Mine fits flush with the lid. However, after owning it for a few weeks, I'm less happy with the look than I thought I'd be. I'm considering removing the top piece, since the bottom of the computer is more likely to pick up scratches from desktops.

7. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I don't find that to be the case with their bags at all. I have two here, one is 9 years old, a neoprene sleve with shoulder strap.. dragged all over nyc - still looks new. The other is a backpack - 5 years old.. taken across the us 3 times, not a mark on it, looks new.

Perhaps any quality issues are confined to bits of plastic sourced from chinese manufacturers and rebranded?

8. zulumonk thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I returned the case. For $60, I need it to fit both sides perfectly.

9. Bonilla macrumors member

Bonilla

Choose the Speck Satin Case in Black it just fit perfectly and looks greater than incase.

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I just ordered that from Amazon. My wife bought it at the Apple Store today and the fit is fantastic.

11. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Search the forum for issues with that. Frankly $60 for moulded plastic is ridiculous to begin with.

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The Incase or the Speck? I paid $30 at Amazon....

13. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

wow is it me or did that picture just give me a big headache? :p

14. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I purchased the perforated 11" . I like it but having that little extra weight on the screen top makes the hinge feel a little loose greater then 90 degrees.

I was not sure if I had a loose hinge or it was the hard case, since I put it on the first 10 minutes I got the machine.

I took off the top part and now the hinge feels like all the rest at the apple store so I am not sure what I am going to do. I have the bottom on, but it was a pretty expensive item just to use half of it.