Warped Keyboard on Brand New MBP ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wileymat, Nov 2, 2007.

1. wileymat macrumors newbie

Hi

Just received my new MBP 2.2 15in laptop. Keyboard looks funky -the left side seems to be warped up a little bit. Its a bit more raised than the right side.

also noticing the lid does not close flushly all the way around. It really does pop up when you unlatch the lid, so I'm guessing its just screen machanism really had a lot of tension that wants the screen to be upright.

Is this normal with the keyboard and screen? Anything to worry about?

Thanks!

2. polycat33 macrumors 6502

I believe it's supposed to pop up when you press the button to open it. Not a LOT, but some. Mine does it and I don't have anything weird with my keyboard. The keyboard issue should be easy to fix though if you take it in to apple... pictures?

3. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

I've always noticed a lot of tension in the hinge.

4. wileymat thread starter macrumors newbie

does anyone elses keyboard look warped justa little bit. On mine the tab, cap lock, shift and fn keys look like their left edge is slightly higher than the right, giving them a slant downwards and making the middle keys look a sunken justa little bit.

also, the bottom edge of my left, down and right arrow keys look raised so that you can see the white connector thing underneath them.

anyone notice this type of stuff or is it just in my head?

5. Spliff macrumors regular

I noticed it right away the first time I closed mine. It is definitely warped, as the two ends of my screen are not flush with the bottom when closed. Must be a defect because there are other reports of this on here.

6. waffl macrumors newbie

Any updates?

Hi,
    It's been a year and I was wondering if you did anything - did you bring it in to get fixed or did you just leave it? Has it gotten any worse? Asking because I just got a brand new mbp and have noticed the same thing with the left side of the keyboard.

I'm just worried that it is a sign of further warping to come? Or am I worrying too much? It's just odd because the right side sits so perfectly flush and the left doesn't at all and I don't want it to push against the screen - If it's normal that's fine, but I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about.

Attached Files:

7. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

my penryn mbp's keyboard is like that. It shouldn't lift anymore so i'm not worried about it.

8. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

its not warped. There are components underneath that may push up on the keyboard a bit on the left side. You could have a genius tape down the cables.