Warped?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tomegun, May 28, 2011.

1. tomegun macrumors 6502

tomegun

Is it normal for MBPs to be warped to the point where there is a wobble when sitting on a flat surface? I don't remember this happening with my unibody Macbook, but my new 15" MBP has a slight wobble.

2. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

It should lay flat, yes. Are you certain that your flat surface is really "flat"; that is, have you tried it on several different surfaces with the same wobble as a result? If so, then you can contact Apple about it and see what they say. I haven't come across anyone with this problem (usually the lid is warped relative to the base), but I would think that for the price of a MBP you could expect to not have to wedge a matchbook under one corner ;)

3. tomegun thread starter macrumors 6502

tomegun

It happens on multiple surfaces, but I will triple check to make sure.

4. mrwonkers macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

I have heard of a couple of instances of brand new MBP's being warped outa the box - Take it in and see a geniass they'll prolly replace it onthaspot coz they are so damned clever [like gods who walk amongst us....barf]

Apple still make great machines if your lucky enough to purchase one, Apple quality control has gone to hell in a handbasket over recent years. Ah mass produced filth sure does make the air smell good....