Warrant

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sware009, Jan 3, 2009.

1. sware009 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if you can have apple remove the dust under the screen if you are under warranty? Like will they service the iphone for that? And if they do, do you know if they will completely replace the iphone, or will they just remove the screen and fix it?
    Thanks

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Chances are slim, but it depends on the genius doing the swap.

Wouldn't hurt to call Apple yourself and ask.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

For a second, when I read the thread title, I thought it would be that you got a warrant for your arrest because of something with your iPhone.

4. sware009 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I thought he meant the band warrant

6. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Here is something I noticed with my iPhone: when I got the phone it had two specs of dust on the screen. One was near the top and one was near the middle. After a month of my phone being in my pocket, always consistently sitting in the same position, the dust fell off of the visible part of the screen. Sadly, I dropped my phone a slight distance and now more specs are working their way off my screen each day.

That sounds stupid but it's true. Keep it in one position in your pants pocket consistently and the dust specs should go away.