Warranty Covers Water Damage?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MICHAELSD, Apr 24, 2015.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Mind you, I wouldn't bring my Watch into water but am curious if the IPX7 rating means Apple considers 30 minutes of submerged into 1m of water normal use and covered by the warranty. Really only curious :eek:.

2. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, the standard warranty absolutely has to cover water damage incurred within the scope of the IPX7 rating. Otherwise it's false advertisement and there will be a class action lawsuit. Apple is smarter than that.

4. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Square trade said they will. Might want to give them a shot. And no, I don't work for them.

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

This is a very good point. I have been debating if I should get Apple Care+ water is the primary thing that concerns me.

6. jwball macrumors regular

I doubt the standard warranty would. After all how can the customer or Apple prove or disprove how much water it has been in and for how long?

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The standard warranty will cover water damage and you can easily double that using an eligible credit card. The only benefit of AC+ is accidental damage protection other than water damage such as a shattered screen.

----------

They can't, hence it'll be covered.

8. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Thats what I have been thinking. Well, I have 60 days to purchase it so I will wait and see.