Warranty exchange/upgrade policies?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrgreen4242, Oct 24, 2011.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    I bought three 4S's from Sprint and at least one* of them has completely unusable battery life (never sleeps, goes from 100% to 0% in ~6 hours even if it's never touched, gets overly hot all the time, etc) so I'm going to take it in to an Apple store for an exchange (as soon as I can - nearest store is about an hour away). I would like to upgrade it from a 16 to a 32gb as well, if possible. Does anyone know what the rules are for that? As it's within the 30-day iPhone "satisfaction guarantee" period so seems like they may be able to help.

*One other has intermittent battery issues as well. Some days gets 5.5-6.5 hours of use and 16-20 hours between charges, other about half that. It has also shut down randomly a couple times and when it came back on wifi didn't work at all (just said "no wifi" and the toggle wasn't available to change), though a reboot fixed that. Going to talk with them about it, but think I would prefer a new device. The third is perfect though! ;)
  2. dave006 Contributor

Jul 3, 2008
    Just West of East
    If you want to change the model or color you should return to point of sale and reverse the transaction and then to to Apple to ge the differerent model / colors replacement since you want to change storage sizes.

That's the easiest procession. The other one would just be a warranty exchange. :D