Warranty exchange

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macwh0re, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macwh0re macrumors member

Hello, I am going to be selling my iPad shortly and want to exchange it through Apple first, so they buyer gets a nice fresh one. I'm not having any trouble with it, so in your experiences, what is the best way to go about doing so? The hardware is mint, with exception of a minor scratch on the bezel.

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Why do you think that Apple would just exchange yours? Is there something wrong with it?

3. macwh0re thread starter macrumors member

Because it will be worth more. There isn't anything wrong with it. I'm just looking to capitalize off of my investment. I'm selling that and my MacBook Pro to purchase a new MacBook Air, so the money is going right back to them ;)

4. Davichi macrumors 6502

But, what are you going to tell them? I want to sell mine, so give me another one?

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No, you're looking to rip off Apple. :rolleyes:

6. Saberon macrumors 6502a

That's pretty dishonest. Warranty is there for issues with a device, not just to "get a better looking one to resell". I honestly hope they find no fault with it...because there is none.

7. macwh0re thread starter macrumors member

That's why I came here. Can't I just say it's freezing or something? I've restored it and it doesn't seem to be fixed.

8. Saberon macrumors 6502a

You know I'm sure you could lie and get a replacement somehow...but that's really quite sad that you have to stoop to that level. :(

9. macwh0re thread starter macrumors member

It's not like I'm looking to have a broken one warrantied like most people around here. Ripping off Apple is a bit of a stretch, considering how much money they've made off of me. Again, the money would be going right back to them to purchase a new computer.

10. Saberon macrumors 6502a

It's still ripping them off no matter how you have to spin it to make yourself feel justified. Can I get a warranty exchange every 2 weeks for 104 new iPad's in a year because I want one that doesn't have a fingerprint on it?

Why not burn your own house down to get insurance money to buy a new one?

What if "new one" had dead pixels that the buyer doesn't want? He'd be getting a refurb.

11. poloponies macrumors 68030

Is that your definition of logic? "Give me a new iPad so I can get a better deal on resale"?

12. Poop Boy macrumors newbie

Yeah, they'll probably exchange it if you tell them you restored it to no avail, but that's so dishonest. I hope this type of people dies out in the next few generation.

13. Davichi macrumors 6502

Nice. Nice. I hope they are less people out there who think like you...

14. macwh0re thread starter macrumors member

I would say thats a little extreme considering I'm only doing this once, not every other week. Also it being a refurb would be better than getting one thats been used since May no? Just because I bought it new doesn't make it new now. Meh whatever I'll just list it on eBay. I didn't think it would be that immoral.

I'm selling it with an unlimited iPad 3G data sim card. Anyone interested? :D

15. perezmarco macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Damn... give this guy a chance. He came in here asking for help and all you guys do the opposite. If your not going to help or be positive about his issue, why reply to this thread? Stop trying to be loyal apple fans when you all are jailbreaking and unlocking. That, apple hates.
    Just go in there and tell the "Genius" that it freezes too much and that it turns off every now and then.

16. poloponies macrumors 68030

So what, it would be like a level 3 immoral compared to a level 5 immoral? Your parents must be proud.

17. deeddawg macrumors 604

You came here to a public forum for suggestions on how to best commit fraud?

Seriously? This isn't a joke or something?

18. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Loyal apple fan? Give me a break, I have a lot of issues with Apple stuff. The truth is, getting warranty for an item that is not broken is dishonest. I don't care what company it is or what product it is.

19. poloponies macrumors 68030

Sorry, is this bizzarro day? He was asking for advice on fraud. Maybe he should posting on the MacFraud forum. If he was asking for the best way to rob an elderly neighbor of her Mac would that still be an appropriate request by your standards?

20. macwh0re thread starter macrumors member

Well they certainly aren't going to disown me for having a perfectly fine iPad replaced. I would say that it's a better than insurance fraud like the previous post said. Just get over it, I'm not going to swap it. You all make it sound like I'm going to go to hell because of it.

21. poloponies macrumors 68030

Frankly, how you live your life is not my concern. It's just a little off that your seeking advice on this level. Keep your defective moral compass to yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.