Warranty Extended?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kasakato, Jul 7, 2011.

1. kasakato macrumors newbie

I visited the Genius Bar with my iPhone purchased in July, 2010. After swapping the unit the Genius advised me there was less than a month remaining on the original warranty, I kindly let him know I was planning on purchasing Apple Care later in the month.

I recently registered the phone on my Apple Support account and ran a serial check. To my surprise the warranty is valid until July, 2012!? When I had my iPad swapped, the warranty end date on the replacement was the same as the original.

I could not find any policy explaining the extension. Does this have anything to do with the warranty swap or is it simply a mistake?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've had the same thing happen to me with my first iPhone, it was purchased in June 2007 and at some point during one of my visits to the Genius Bar it was extended to November 2008 (additional 6 months) without any notice to me.

Out of curiosity I took it in for service in November 2008 and the Genius told me that technically my Warranty should have expired in June, but he would go ahead an honor for me because the computer shows that I was covered.

Maybe you just got lucky.