Warranty for eBay iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adamnmurad, Mar 28, 2011.

1. adamnmurad macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just took the plunge and ordered a 64gb iPad 1 from eBay! It is used, but from an individual with strong feedback.

Do you all know if this iPad would be cover-able under AppleCare? If not, does anyone have any experience with third party iPad warranty providers for this type of situation? I'd really appreciate your advice, as a newbie to the iPad family! Thanks!

2. aicul macrumors 6502a

If i'm not wrong, I think applecare extension must be bought whilst it is still under its original 1 year warranty. So check the age of your iPad before your try applecare.

An apple store should be able to advise you on that I should think.

3. adamnmurad thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I guess I'll have to see if the guy includes a receipt or warranty information.

If not, does anyone have any experience with SquareTrade or the like?

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Save yourself a drive, just go to https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

You can buy applecare anytime while the original 1 year is valid. Make sure you get the box and receipt for the Applecare, and ideally register it before the original warranty is up.

I had Apple do a warranty exchange for headphone jack cracks on a iphone 3Gs from Craigslist two weeks before its warranty expired and they didn't ask for a receipt; their system said it was under warranty and that was good enough.

5. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

register your serial num and you'll have a year of applecare

6. bluebermuda macrumors regular

bluebermuda

No, he will not have a year of Applecare. If the iPad is less than 1 year old, he will simply have Applecare until it reaches the 1 year anniversary.