warranty for ipad 1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Shaun.sheff, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Shaun.sheff macrumors newbie

i bought the ipad 1 late last august which i'm hoping to sell once my ipad 2 turns up.

concerning warranty is it transferable to the potential buyer ?

My only problem is that i don't have the reciept i'm usually very carful but somehow i've lost it.

I did read somwhere that apple only has to check the ipad instore to find out the available warranty left on the ipad.

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Apple should have emailed the receipt to you. Failing that, if you put your serial into https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do you'll find out.

Warranties are automatically transferred to the new owner, I think.

3. Shaun.sheff, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

Shaun.sheff thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it instore i can't recall getting a reciept via email but will take a look at my inbox i don't delete anything from it so if they did it will be there.

cheers for the info zcott

edit
    just checked and no receipt was sent to the email address
    I do have the reservation email saying it was instore to pick it up

4. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

Apple will be able to tell when it was purchased if you bring it in for any warranty issues. As far as to show the new buyer, a reservation receipt should at least show the dates.. Perhaps you could also find a CC receipt to show the purchase price?

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

You don't need the receipt for the warranty; especially if it was purchased from Apple. As long as the warranty checker posted above shows it's valid, Apple couldn't care less who brings it in for service. I did an iPod a few months ago and they didn't ask for ID or anything.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you bought from Apple they have the receipt. If you don't have the warranty they typically just use the production date as the purchase date for warranty purposes. However, if you did not purchase from Apple they can ask for proof of purchase, but often they don't. Also if you purchase AppleCare then its a moot point.