Warranty (Hairline Cracks)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by matthewoc44, Dec 16, 2010.

1. matthewoc44 macrumors newbie

About a month ago, i brought my newer macbook white unibody to the apple store to get two hairline cracks, on the cover of the screen, fixed. They claimed it was my fault, but they would cover it as warranty work anyway. I got it back about a week later. yesterday, after the parts have been replaced, i found another crack forming in the same place. Warranty expired two days ago... Any suggestions?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

These are hairline cracks on the white plastic casing, correct?

Warranty work is covered for 90 days, I believe. I would take it back to the Genius Bar and talk with them. Repeated hairline cracks in the same location would seem to run contrary to coincidence.

Additionally, (at least in California), the warranty is extended by the number of days you didn't have your computer because of in-warranty repairs. Ergo, if they had the computer for 7 days, and the warranty expired 2 days ago, you still have 5 days left.

It's always worth a try. Just talk to them, be very polite and patient, but don't take no for an answer. Don't be afraid to ask to speak to a manager.

Good luck. :)