Warranty Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChadHudson, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ChadHudson macrumors newbie

Ok so I don't have a plan or anything but I have a Iphone my brother gave me it has a warranty on it and it does not work where can I go to get it replaced if I even can?
    EDIT>Can I get a new phone or am I SOL?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. ChadHudson thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

help me get a new phone or just help me answer this question

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

WTF? What sort of answer are you expecting. You asked "where can I go to get it replaced if I even can". I told you: an Apple Store. They deal with all warranty work on iPhones. Seriously read the answers, think about them and then act accordingly.

Oh and stop acting like a whiny, over-privileged, unpleasant child otherwise I expect the Genius at the store will tell you what I'd like to tell you but the forum rules prevent me from doing so.

5. ChadHudson thread starter macrumors newbie

lmao

Dude I asked a simple question
    Does the warranty get me a new phone or am I sol? simple..

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It's impossible to answer from the data you've given us. Assuming it's not been jailbroken, it's not been exposed to water (there are water sensitive tabs to detect this), has not suffered unreasonable damage (been obviously dropped/smashed etc) then most likely, but unless you take it to an Apple Store you'll never know.

7. ChadHudson thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Hmm I haven't a clue really,the bugger wont turn on for anything....it's a 2g also I believe and my warranty has like 4 days left haha
    thank you
    Oh yeah the thing inside the phone is still white that means no water damage yes?