Warranty, iPhone outside the U.S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mackan, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Mackan macrumors 65816

Currently, people outside the U.S can import iPhones, unlock them, and use them with their prefered carrier. But what about the warranty? I believe the iPhone comes with 1 year international warranty, but if you have imported it to a country where Apple does not yet sell the iPhone, will they honour it if you have trouble with the phone? And a follow up question, will they possibly demand that you show some paper you have a contract with the Apple authorized carrier (AT&T in the U.S)?

It would suck to import an iPhone, then you get some problems with it, and can get no support. Perhaps anyone here knows something about this? Thanks! :)

2. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Thats a tough one, they might not want to warranty it or be able to replace or fix it at stores outside of the US or European market.

3. Sdao macrumors 6502

I just bought an iPhone yesterday with extended aple care. I tried registering the iPhone Apple Care and it wouldn't let me because Im outside of the U.S.

You can only register apple care for the iphone to a U.S. Location

4. FireArse macrumors 6502a

iPhone warranty

Have you tried calling Apple? I think it might be easier if you were to explain and speak to a human.

F