Warranty Issue Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Summer1x, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Summer1x macrumors newbie

Hello,

My Macbook just recently went out of warranty..it was up may 24!! I forgot to buy the extended warranty for 3 years at $299 i think the price was. I still want that and feel I actually NEED it because I have had issued with the thing including battery issues and the auto glitch?

How do I get the warranty if i am out of one already? Can I?

I can't contact apple by phone because I am currently living in Mexico for the next month and don't have one but do have internet but couldn't find a direct e-mail address for apple concerning warranties.

THANK YOU in advance for any help!

Summer

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Once your 1 year warranty expires, you can not purchase AppleCare.

3. Summer1x thread starter macrumors newbie

even if it's only outdated by not even 2 months, they didn't even e-mail me a reminder or nothing... i am super bummed : (

4. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

yep you need to remember yourself,,,,dont blame apple

5. hajime macrumors 68030

I was told that for most consumer products, we don't need to register immediately. We could fake the purchase date so that things get repaired for free within the one year warranty. How about Macs bought at Apple Stores? I recall that they entered some info into the computer when I bought my Mac at the Apple Store. In that case, it does not matter when I buy AppleCare (as long as it is within 365 days from the date of purchase) and register my computer because Apple keeps track of all purchase info with the serial number. Is that right? In that case, it may be more flexible if we buy the computers at a retail store.

6. Summer1x thread starter macrumors newbie

so do you reckon I could still get the 3 year apple care warranty, if I plea with them possibly too... i won't be able to use a phone or get to an apple store for about another month though unfortunately..