warranty on a used iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deluxe498, Jan 5, 2009.

1. deluxe498 macrumors newbie

well back in july i bought a used iphone, and i had activated it with att, and i got it replaced due to battery issues...

i just got the iphone 3g 16 gb and the phone works amazingly well. no issues at all...

but i was just wondering, since i am not using the 3g "legitamitly", am i still covered under the year warranty? because with the old one all i had to do was activate it and i got it replaced the next day, and the day i got it replaced i called att and told them i no longer had the iphone and they took off the data plan....

will i still be covered even though im not the original purchaser but i do have the reciept?

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

When you said "not using the iPhone 3G legitimately", was it unlocked? Opened up the back and replaced it with something? Not on AT&T?

There are certain things that will void the warranty that's why I'm asking.

3. deluxe498 thread starter macrumors newbie

what i meant by "legitamatly" was that i havent activated it..i just popped in my sim card from my old iphone which by the way was unlocked but not jailbroken (i dont believe in it lol )...

my 3g is not jailbroken nor unlocked...and i dont have the $30 data plan on it..