Warranty on replacement Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jdaco6, Apr 15, 2008.

1. jdaco6 macrumors regular

Hello i have just had my Macbook Pro replaced (bought september 2007) with a brand new one (sent from china). I have registered the new Mac and everything seemed fine but today i thought i would cheak when the warranty on the replacement unit runs out but the apple website cannot find any details of my serial number to run a warranty check is this normal?

Does this mean i cannot purchace Apple Care for my Macbook Pro now, i thought i had until september!

Hope you can help and thanks in advanced.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Well, you're lucky, they're unlikely to question whether its under warranty until a year from the release date :)

3. mikey.f macrumors regular

Any product you get replaced doesn't extend or shorten your warranty. It's just as if they gave you your old one back but fixed. Your warranty will run out the day your old notebook's would.

4. pazreal macrumors regular

Call them up and verify the date you got it and they will adjust the warranty accordingly.

5. PDE macrumors 68020

No, this isn't true. If Apple replaces your computer with a new one, a new 1-year warranty starts from the day they replace it. I've had many replacements and that's how it is.

6. taiji80 macrumors newbie

like PDE states you get a 1 year with a replaced machine...had my MBP
    replaced last year and it came with a letter that stated when the new 1 year
    starts and ends.

7. jdaco6 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for you replys guys! So if it does indeed have a years warranty why does it not show up on apple's site?

Also is there anyway of viewing all registered devices on my account?

Thanks.

8. shoppy macrumors 6502a

It takes them a while to update the web site.