Warranty Question re. iPhone screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trhodezy, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Trhodezy macrumors regular

No, it's not one of those threads where the inevitable question is asked: "I smashed my screen, does my warranty cover it?!" ;)

I'm sending my iPhone in for a repair as when I press the screen (or lightly scroll) the screen does a kind'a "double press" where you can feel it click slightly (and sometimes hear it!) upon closer inspection I noticed that the top righthand corner of the bezel has a gap (easily fit a grain of salt in-between) between the glass. I don't know when it occurred and suspect that is causing the "double click".

My question is: I have hit the iPhone a couple of times against things causing a slight chip/dent on the outside of the bezel; it's not that big but I was wondering would this a) cause the issues with the screen and b) void my warranty?

Fortunately I have never had to send an iPhone back, so I'm not accustomed to how Apple defines a voided warranty.

2. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

I wouldn't think so, unless the screen is cracked, you're fine.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Assuming for the moment that Apple decides that you have damaged the phone AND assuming for the moment that you have Applecare+.

AC+ gives you two ADH (Accidental Damage & Handling) incidents. Those are $59 or $99, depending on when you bought AC+ and for what model of phone.

Of course, if you did not buy AC+, you don't have this and if Apple determines it's your fault it's going to be the OoW price.

4. Trhodezy thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I like to hear ;) I've spoken to a rep (I didn't know you can do live chats) and she said to go ahead and submit a repair claim as it's a known but rare issue with the iPhone 5S' initial runs.

Thanks for the info, when I get the iPhone 6 I'll definitely be getting the AC+!

Thanks to both of you for the replies, it's appreciated.