Warranty Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Superman80, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Superman80 macrumors regular

Hi all

Hypothetical this question is, but just weighing up my options for my Iphone 4 warranty.

The situation is this, 2 months ago i had my Iphone 4 replaced by Apple, for a brand new (non refurbished) phone, i know there policy is that any replacement phone only gets a warranty for the same amount that was left on the phone you are getting changed, in my case it runs out on 24th June this year.

But knowing for a fact that the replacement i got was brand new and this has been confirmed by apple themselves would it be possible to argue with them if it did go wrong after my warranty runs out or would i be better off getting their applecare?

Cheers

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Nope, policy of time since purchase date still stands.

3. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

What he said.

OP, get AppleCare. Its cheap and worth it.

4. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Excuse me, sir, but you got a little of my pink on your "What" ;)

5. Superman80 thread starter macrumors regular

I think thats what i will probably end up doing, shame its a lot more expensive in the UK than the US

6. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I'm using "magenta" (whatever the F that is) according to the now familiar MacRumors thread editor. lol And I was merely paying homage to the famed Mr. Pink.

However, I shall change it so as to not infringe upon your Mr. Pink copyright color coding word-like thread responses. :p

7. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Did you actually check the warranty status on apples website? When I had my 3GS replaced in April of last year, Apples website indicated my new one's warranty was good until April 2011. I thought it was a glitch it first, but it never reverted to the original date (I sold the phone in June so I don't know what happened after that).

8. Azzin macrumors 68040

I'm pretty sure that (in the UK anyway) you get 90 days on a replacement device.

The warranty expires either a year from original purchase date or 90 days from replacement date (whichever is further away).

[Edit]...

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/iphone.pdf

9. Superman80 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes i did, for a few days it showed March 2012, then changed back to June 11,