Warranty Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Italianblend, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I bought an ipad2 at launch last year, and now I'm trying to sell it off. One interested person asked me about the warranty - I didn't buy any extended warranties or anything.

So - what I want to know is - can I purchase an extended warranty for it now that will be valid for the new user, or is it too late? It has been nearly a year now - I can't remember exactly the launch date last year.

2. tmoerel macrumors 6502

As long as you bought it LESS than a year ago you can still buy applecare to extend the warranty by one more year

3. deeddawg, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

deeddawg macrumors 604

If you bought it at launch last year, March 11th, you may be SOL.

Plug your serial number into Apple's site: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Correction: with an ipad2, it seems there isn't a button to extend coverage. Also only AppleCare+ is showing in the store. You may be SOL in either event.

4. HelveticaNeue, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

Edit: Sorry, not sure how I misread the post so severely. Comment deleted.

5. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

On a new one but not on a iPad 2 that has been purchased already . Bad information to be posting. :apple:

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

I thought the same thing initially... apparently it's changed.

Plug an iPad2 serial number into the link above and tell me if you see a link to extend coverage like you do when putting in a different device.

Also, I was unable find AppleCare for iPad on store.apple.com -- part # is MC595LL I believe

One may be able to get a retail copy from somewhere and activate it, but as to going through Apple.com I'm not sure you can anymore.

7. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Well must have changed since yesterday because I called AppleCare and spoke to them about adding AppleCare + to my 2 month old iPad 2 and they said that I would not be able to add it because it wasn't offered at the time of purchase. Call for your self but that is what they told me 1 (800) 275-2273

8. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

This is what is says: