Warranty Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chazz08, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Chazz08 macrumors 6502

I am currently living overseas, but I need to get my iPhone replaced. I bought it in America though, and where I live there are only "Authorized Resellers". Can they replace the phones under warranty? Or will I have to wait until I go to Europe before I can get it replaced? Will I even be able to there?

The problem is the sleep/wake button. It doesn't press. This is an iPhone 5 too, which is disappointing. I will say it's the only time I've been disappointed in an Apple product, but I'm glad they always seem to work with you to get stuff replaced.

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

You can only get a replacement/ use warranty on apple devices in the country you purchased it in. It is country based warranty.

3. Chazz08 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well dang, I won't be back in America until January, and my warranty will be up! haha. Does it have to be me that takes it in for an exchange? I have a friend going back to the states in August that I could send it with for an exchange

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Really? I thought this was true for desktop devices but not portables?

5. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Nah. It doesn't have to be you. When I was an FRS I would always ask the circumstances if the name on the AppleCare was obviously different than the person bringing in the device.

My sister's husband is in the Army and overseas a lot. She has never had a problem taking his device in for replacement/repair at an apple store.

As for resellers.. No clue what their policy is or if they even have access to AppleCare's system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2