Warranty Question!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joshdmayo, Aug 30, 2013.

1. joshdmayo macrumors newbie

So I bought an iPhone 4 for Verizon off of Craigslist, and the guy showed me it worked, and showed me that the warranty was active and all. It worked perfect for a while, then the charging cable got jammed in the phone, and when I got it out the dock connector was ruined. So I have a couple of questions...
    1. Will apple cover the replacement/repair of the iphone?
    If not, how much will it cost?
    2. The phone has run out of battery and I cannot find the serial number. I also checked iTunes (even though I backed up to iCloud) and the MyProfile page on apple.com. Still no luck. So can apple find the serial number, regardless of it being owned by someone else before me?
    3. Probably a silly question- but does having iOS 7 installed affect my warranty? I registered my UDID using *****.com.
    Thanks!!!!
    Josh

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

1. Physical damage isn't normally covered.
    2. Yes, they will need the serial number.
    3. Maybe, but sounds like it's an out of warranty issue anyway.

3. John T, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

John T macrumors 68020

John T

There are a number of ways to find the serial number of your iPhone, for example:-

1) It is usually printed on the SIM tray.

2) If the phone has been backed up to your computer go to the iTunes "Devices" preference and position the cursor over a backup but don't click. It should display information about the iPhone that made the backup.